San Diego Legal Separation Lawyer
Are You Seeking a Legal Separation in San Diego?
An alternative to divorce, legal separation allows couples to live separately while remaining married. Moore, Schulman & Moore, APC has helped countless couples with legal separation in San Diego and the surrounding areas. If you are considering a legal separation and would like to discuss your questions and concerns with an attorney, we invite you to contact our firm to schedule a consultation.
Tell us about your case. Schedule your initial case evaluation with a San Diego separation lawyer today.
What is Legal Separation?
Much like divorce, legal separation involves the elements of property division, child custody, and child support matters. The key difference is that even though the parties will no longer share finances, property, or custody of their children, they are still legally married. This means that the parties are not free to remarry or enter into a domestic partnership until they decide to divorce their spouse.
Couples may choose legal separation for any of the following reasons:
- Divorce violates the couple’s religious beliefs
- The couple has not yet met California’s six-month residency requirement for divorce
- The couple wishes to separate their finances without terminating spousal status (i.e. to keep benefits or medical insurance)
- The couple wishes to quickly separate finances before the tax year ends
- The couple wants the immediate effect of legal separation, whereas divorce can take a minimum of six months
Compassionate Counsel, Cost-Effective Solutions
The San Diego legal separation lawyers at Moore, Schulman & Moore, APC take pride in adhering to the highest standards of excellence when it comes to representing our clients. We understand that a legal separation can be an emotionally trying time for couples and families, which is why we strive to help you resolve your legal matter as efficiently and favorably as possible.
Why Choose Moore, Schulman & Moore, APC?
- Ten of our attorneys are Board Certified Family Law Specialists
- We have more than 200 years of combined family law experience
- We are skilled in both mediation and litigation
- We respond quickly and are always available to our clients
- We are known as San Diego’s Family Law Experts®
Consult a separation attorney in San Diego. Contact Moore, Schulman & Moore, APC online or by calling (858) 492-7968 today!
Jeremy's legal advice was sound and his guidance was extremely valuable.- Al B.
I’m very appreciative and grateful to have them represent me.- Melissa H.
Jim and his team tirelessly fought for me and for my daughters, and we are forever indebted and grateful.- Lance D.
The case closed in my favor and I would absolutely seek out Kevin’s help again should anything arise.- Jen S.
I strongly recommend Kevin to anyone looking for a highly competent and honest attorney.- Brian P.