San Diego Domestic Violence Lawyer
Get a Restraining Order in San Diego or Del Mar: (858) 492-7968
No matter what circumstances a couple, family, or group of loved ones may be facing, no person deserves to become the victim of domestic violence. On the contrary, no individual deserves to suffer consequences after a false domestic violence claim has been made against them.
At Moore, Schulman & Moore, APC, our domestic violence attorneys in San Diego are highly experienced in handling a wide range of abuse claims. Day in and day out, we fight to protect the rights of men and women throughout the greater San Diego area.
When you entrust our team with your case, you can rest easily knowing we will provide:
- A team backed by more than 200 years of combined experience
- A team led by founders who are board certified family law specialists
- A team rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
Types of Restraining Orders in California
- An Emergency Protective Order (EPO): Law enforcement officers can issue this type of restraining order to a victim at the time the domestic violence incident is reported. In most cases, this type of restraining order will only last a couple days, giving the victim enough time to pursue a Temporary Restraining Order.
- A Temporary Restraining Order (TRO): The court can issue this type of restraining order. In most cases, this type of restraining order lasts 15 days or until the hearing to pursue the Permanent Restraining Order. Cases involving physical injury can allow a person to obtain a temporary restraining order even without giving notice to the offending party. However, at the next hearing, the offending party will have an opportunity to present.
- A Permanent Restraining Order (PRO): This type of restraining order can be issued for up to 5 years. However, upon expiration, this type of restraining order can be renewed. At hearings involving PROs, both parties have the opportunity to testify, call witnesses to testify, and bring evidence to court to support the case.
What Is Considered Domestic Violence?
Under California family law, domestic abuse can include:
- Physical abuse
- Threats of physical abuse
- Sexual assault
- Disturbing your peace
- Destroying your personal property
Although many persons believe that only spouses and children can become victims of domestic violence, others types of family members or individuals who were formerly living with or dating another person can also become victims of this abuse.
How a Domestic Violence Attorney in San Diego Can Help
If you believe you have become the victim of domestic violence, Moore, Schulman & Moore, APC will first consider your safety. While the complicated legal matters are crucial to the outcome of every domestic violence case, we are dedicated to protecting the rights and well-beings of our clients first and foremost.
Jeremy's legal advice was sound and his guidance was extremely valuable.- Al B.
I’m very appreciative and grateful to have them represent me.- Melissa H.
Jim and his team tirelessly fought for me and for my daughters, and we are forever indebted and grateful.- Lance D.
The case closed in my favor and I would absolutely seek out Kevin’s help again should anything arise.- Jen S.
I strongly recommend Kevin to anyone looking for a highly competent and honest attorney.- Brian P.