Attorney John H. Tannenberg is a renowned San Diego family lawyer who brings years of experience and numerous successfully resolved cases to our firm. He is an invaluable member of our team, offering everything from extensive legal knowledge to counsel and advice to both our clients and to our other attorneys. He has more than three decades’ worth of practice experience and has even served as a settlement judge pro tempore for the San Diego Superior Court since 1993.
Attorney Tannenberg completed his undergraduate work at the University of California, Los Angeles before heading to the University of San Diego School of Law for his J.D. Over his long and distinguished career, he has served in numerous capacities and obtained a multitude of honors and distinctions. Since 1990, he became a certified family law specialist by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization, demonstrating his outstanding knowledge and practice ability when it comes to family law cases. He has earned an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, and became a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers in 2012. Attorney Tannenberg has been included in Super Lawyers every year since 2009, and Best Lawyers in America since 2012.
- J.D. – University of San Diego School of Law
- B.A. – University of California Los Angeles
- Member – State Bar of California
- Past Chair – Family Law Section of the San Diego County Bar Association
- Past Chair – Family Law Specialization Section of the San Diego County Bar Association
- Member – Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Fellow – American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Lecturer – University of San Diego School of Law
- Lecturer – Continuing Education of the Bar California
- State Bar of California
- U. S. District Court (Southern and Central Districts)
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court